Director Business Development - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of the business development team. The Director of Business Development is charged with increasing company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies. The Director of Business Development shall be detailed oriented and responsible for analysis of market / healthcare trends, leading multi-disciplinary teams in the development of RFP responses, business acquisitions, developing new strategic relationships and partner collaborations. The Director will also work closely with executive leadership and cross functional members of management team to drive and implement corporate strategy and long-range planning based on current portfolio opportunities and risk, financial needs and organizational capabilities. Assist in identifying portfolio, financing and organizational gaps and plans to address them. The Director will be responsible for revenue growth for all lines of business.
- Bachelor's Degree, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Seven years experience in business development in a Health Plan: knowledge of health plan products, Medicare, Medicaid and Marketplace a plus. Experience managing RFP's and developing and executing strategic plans required.
- Four years of leadership and relationship management preferably in a health plan with strong oral and written communication abilities. Solid analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Managed Care experienxe in Texas or simiilar market
- Product experience in Medicaid, Marketplace, Commercial or Medicare, growth development.