Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (CHC)
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis provides financial/operational management and leadership in collaboration with departments in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Community's financial objectives. The Director works with their team in the development of business skills including financial analysis as well as other financial management and planning activities. The Director coordinates activities between defined areas and provides operational and business leadership and expertise to support revenue growth and cost containment. The Director plans, directs, implements and coordinates multi-department financial, operational, human resources, and administrative functions, and provides support through leadership in administrative and operational liaisons. Additonally this director will also serve as an interface for administrative and operational activities between Provider Practices, Contracting and the Institution.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other Finance - related degree required.
- Masters' degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other Finance related field preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Ten years of accounting or finance with at least five years of experience in health insurance organizations operating in that capacity.
- Five years management experience in accounting or finance related in health insurance organizations
- Writing /Composing Reports
- Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terminology, Research, Statistical,
- MS Word, MS Excel. MS Access
- Familiar with health insurance budgets.
- Must have analytical, budget, statistical skills.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule in high volume workload times during the month.
- Some travel may be required.