Director - Inpatient Pharmacy - Ben Taub Hospital
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: To conduct or provide assistance in matters of financial activities such as benchmarking and productivity of departments throughout the District, issuance and analysis of contracts and business plans, operating and capital budgets, contract compliance, financial analysis and other business management services.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors degree in pharmacy + Masters Degree in Administration Preferred
- Work Experience (Years and Area): Five (5) years Total Pharmacy Experience.
- Management Experience (Years and Area): Three (3) years pharmacy management experience in operations manager level or above
- Equipment Operated: N/A
1. Communication Skills: Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Research, Statistical, Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Travel, On Call