Director of Care Integration - Chronic Disease Management
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
JOB SUMMARY: Develops strategic direction and implementation of the Harris Health System Diabetes Service Line a collaborative initiative with the Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Medicine. Provides administrative oversight by coordinating and providing leadership. Provides evaluation, and improvement of processes directly and indirectly impacting the service line function. Formulates goals/objectives and program targets. Provides innovative leadership to maximize the department's contribution to the overall Harris Health System performance with respect to service line initiatives. Responsible for assuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as accrediting organizations as they pertain to specific service line initiatives.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Graduate Degree in related healthcare field preferred, and/or Healthcare Professional with extensive clinical experience with diabetes patients.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 3-5 years progressive, outcome oriented management experience in an acute care setting with clinical expertise in the care of the Diabetes patient.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 3-5 years management experience, demonstrates success in planning, program development and operations with emphasis on sound business applications, effective quality/process management and efficient resource utilization. Excellent interpersonal skills to foster an interdisciplinary team approach to services and program delivery.
4. Equipment Operated:Personal Computer, CRT
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Preferred Yes Languages: Spanish preferred.
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
Analytical CRT DesignMathematics
Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc
3. Work Schedule: Flexible Travel On Call
4. Other Requirements: Knowledge of JCAHO, State, Medicare/Medicaid, and other external regulatory agencies.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.