Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Director of Sales is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic sales plan for individual sales and employer group, as applicable to Medicare, Marketplace, Medicaid, and business segments as defined for growth and retention. This position will have accountability for leading, coaching, and developing a professional sales staff in order to achieve membership and margin targets, continually improve performance and translate key initiatives into action. Conduct day to day management of sales team for assigned market segment and manage the distribution of sales products relevant to Communitys portfolio. Monitor daily performance and workflow of sales staff to deliver on expectations for quota achievement, and sales pipeline development. Responsible for managing and enhancing relationships with brokers/consultants and community partners while creating new sales distribution channels and existing sales channels. This position will report to the Chief Growth Officer.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure Bachelors Degree and 4 years experience in Business or related disciplines OR 8 years experience in lieu of degree. Valid State Health and Life Insurance License.
- Work Experience (Years and Area): 8 years experience in sales inclusive of leading inside and outside sales teams in health insurance (Medicare, Marketplace, and Medicaid) and small group employer markets
- Management Experience: 5 years leadership and relationship management in a sales environment
- Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven success as a Sales leader, consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets with demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise and broad-based knowledge of the sales process, from lead generation, broker management, employer group strategy to relationship management
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills, organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem-solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened, of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Communication Skills:
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
- Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
- Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
- Other Skills: Analytical, Research, Statistical, MS Word , MS Excel
- Advanced Training Specialty: State Health and Life Insurance License
- Bachelors Degree Major: Business or related disciplines
- Work Schedule: Flexible
RESPONSIBLE TO: CGO
EMPLOYEE SUPERVISED: Staff/Professional