Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager owns day-to-day management of Community Health Choice's (Community) diversity programs & communication efforts. Key to this role is the ability to partner cross-functionally to inform and influence company processes and programs in alignment with DE&I goals established for Community. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager designs, implements, and evaluates programs and initiatives that promote inclusion and belonging across Community.
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of equivalent practical experience in lieu of is required
- Five years of experience in working in the field of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program management and/or project management experience, including projects requiring cross-functional team alignment
- Program/Project management leadership preferred
- Demonstrated track record of managing inclusion programs with proven results.
- Experience with DEI program development, execution, and performance monitoring with a clear understanding of how inclusion functions
- Demonstrated analytical and data-driven approach to DEI programs and initiatives.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and/or projects involving cross-functional/team alignment
- Strong organizational skills and passion for getting the details right
- Creative thinking and ability to execute and measure the effectiveness of new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop strong professional relationships with peers, managers, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to use good judgment to problem solve, make decisions, and involve necessary individuals at the appropriate time
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
- Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
- Analytical, Design, Research, MS Word, MS Excel
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.