Epic Analytics Developer III - Correctional Health
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
The Epic Analytics Developer III - Correctional Health is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of enterprise reports, dashboards, and other analytic or operational informational artifacts. Working with cross-functional teams, the Epic Analytics Developer III participates in review of current workflows and informational goals in order to translate them into reporting requirements that will meet clinical needs. The Epic Analytics Developer III then uses those requirements to develop a solution with the appropriate operational or analytical tool.
This position is in support of Correctional Health which will require interaction in a large environment of multiple domains including inpatient, pharmacy, ambulatory care, labs and chronic care. Correctional health experience is highly preferred. This position is remote for those who reside in Texas Only.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Engineering, or related technical degree or 4 years of related IT experience in a Healthcare environment.
Work Experience : 5+ Years related experience
Management Experience : 1 year preferred
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Writing /Composing Correspondence, Writing /Composing Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible, Overtime
Other Requirements: 2 Epic Clarity Data Model certifications preferred, 3 years health care experience preferred
1. Report Development
- Responsible for developing and maintaining complex SQL queries and stored procedures, which should be optimized for quicker performance and require fewer DBMS resources.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their data analysis needs, gather user requirements, and translate them into technical solutions using various Epic tools, SQL, and Tableau.
- Create visually appealing and interactive Tableau dashboards and reports that effectively communicate complex data from multiple sources.
- Perform data validation and quality assurance to ensure accuracy, consistency, and reliability of deliverables.
Identify and assess suitable technological solutions for reporting needs, investigating potential applications and utilities, conducting research and testing, and communicating findings to the team/supervisor.
3. Reporting Project Management
- Collaborate with management to define tasks and timelines for implementing solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Provide development time estimates based on technical specifications, reporting project activity, and status to designated management. Assist less experienced employees with status reporting.
- Effectively manage multiple activities and deadlines, and identify, resolve, or escalate project issues in a timely manner.
4. Development Management
- Maintain version histories of reports, views, and other reporting development artifacts as they are developed and modified, as well as administer the source control server.
- Assist and support the training of less experienced IT employees.
- Adhere to change control procedures.
- Provide assistance in setting up development computers and maintaining proper configurations.
- Assist with training other report developers in the specifics of Epic’s technologies and the HHS implementation of them.
- Assist other team members with difficulties encountered due to unexpected data difficulties, system behavior, or indeterminable data locations.
- Develop reports and objects following best practices.
- Contribute to code reviews, showcase technologies, and suggest optimizations.
- Ensure development artifacts are adequately commented to ensure ease of maintenance
5. Professional Development
Obtain and maintain certifications for relevant technologies and continue to develop and maintain proficiency in the applications, utilities, technologies, and skills necessary for the Epic Analytics Developer III role.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 164489