Epic Business Analyst III - Willow
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Epic Business Systems Analyst III ensures that the operational interests of their respective functional areas are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems Department. This role supports the Epic applications deployed within the Harris Health System.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related IT experience in a Healthcare environment. Proficiency/Certification for at least one Epic Application.
Work Experience: Five (5) Years within IT OR Three (3) Years Hospital Health Care Organizations Business Analysis
Management Experience: One (1) years of Epic Project preferred
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing - Correspondence, Reports
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: On Call
Other Requirements: Be available to work on site (after hours) as scheduled.
Experience in a hospital or clinic setting preferred.
Experience supporting an Electronic Medical Record System.
Healthcare Information Technology experience.
Understanding of functional processes and business rules related to the applications being implemented/supported.
Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously, be able to prioritize effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines.
MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION
Join our Harris Health System Community Connect project team and help roll out Epic system to our Harris Health System correctional health team in November, and provide on-going support post go-live. This Willow Inpatient role will not be your run-of-the-mill, family practice or hospital implementation as our customer has unique workflows and functionality. We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced analyst to assist with development, go-live, and long-term optimization and support. If you enjoy a creative, outside-the-box problem-solving opportunity that combines technical, workflow, and relationship management skills – and keeps you on your toes – we have the perfect job for you!
The Willow Business Analyst on this project will work directly with the clients to capture current state workflows, produce process and gap analyses, map future-state workflows, and conduct needs assessments. Will be responsible for all aspects of Epic business build, testing, validation, go-live readiness, implementation and post implementation support. Long term plans will also have you involved with Pyxis implementation, enhancements, an inventory system and more! Nothing repetitive or boring about this job!
While your self-motivation is a plus, most important are your Willow skills and your ability to collaborate effectively with customers and a multi-disciplinary group of teammates. This position job may often allow you to occasionally work from home.
- Participate in core Epic Community Connect activities: design, build, test, implement and support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Epic Willow Inpatient functionality and how clinical, business, and ancillary modules interact.
- Works closely with users to identify problems and provide solutions. Demonstrate an understanding of users’ needs.
- Provides troubleshooting for all applications and software within assigned area.
- Assist with command center and on-site support during go-lives.
- Work independently on problems of moderate scope where analysis may involves multiple factors.
- Analyze reasonably complex issues and develop/implement solutions with general guidance.
- Thinking outside-the-box to creatively solve problems while staying aligned with existing, foundation build.
- Participate as needed to install upgrades, patches and fixes.
- Manage issues/risks and escalate as required.
- Assist in the design, delivery, and maintenance of related training programs and materials.
- Seek workflow guidance and technical information from managers and teammates as needed.
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Track effort hours by assigned client and task using a Time Management software system.
- Educate users informally to ensure efficient and effective use of Epic system as designed.
- Be available for after hours, on-call rotation shifts as needed.
- Current Epic Willow certification is a must; Inpatient certification preferred.
- 3-5 years Epic analysis and advanced pharmacy build experience. Familiarity with dispensing suite, eMAR interactions, inventory systems desired. Pyxis experience a plus.
- Strongly desired is experience with interfaces (automated dispensing machines and/or other ancillary pharmacy applications), or RWB/Radar, dashboards, CAMs, Community Connect.
- Strong attention to detail with advanced knowledge of clinic process and workflows.
- Understanding of Epic system capabilities to address process requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with technical teammates, as well as managers and customers/users.
- Independent, energetic, creative, and self-motivated team player!