Epic Clinical ILT ID
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designer plans, develops, and delivers educational activities and instructional materials for computer/information system projects. The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designer is responsible for the creation of highly technical system instructor led training programs utilizing all functions of the Instructional Design Model. The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designers must have experience with instructional design/development methodologies, adult learning methodology/techniques, and is able to contribute to a team in a goal-directed manner.
Bachelor's Degree in information technology, education, business administration, communications, healthcare, or related area, or four (4) years' related/equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
Epic Certification required within one (1) year of hire date.
- Five (5) years' teaching technical systems training with strong curriculum development experience to include use of Instructional Systems Design (ISD). Experience in adult education required.
- Two (2) years' of healthcare experience required.
- One (1) year of developing instructor-led technical systems training material.
Customary office equipment including but not limited to PC, copier, fax, etc.
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking); Writing/Composing; (Correspondence/Reports)
Analytical; Design; Medical Terms; P.C.; Research; Statistical
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology, Education, Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare, or related area preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects/assignments/ tasks/reports.
- Uses excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with other employees, and other stakeholders.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in design and development of instructor-led learning modules.
- Strong proficiency in writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Certified in or proficient in Epic products required.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, leadership, and teaching skills.
- Ability to be flexible with different customers and a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to provide insight into usability from a user's perspective.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of current technology concepts, terms, and methodologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies and business applications.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 154052