Epic Interface Engineer Lead
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
Epic Interface Engineer Lead is responsible for the design, development, documentation, testing, and maintenance of integration and interface efforts that supports Epic and new or existing enterprise-level integration solutions. The person in this position coordinates interface projects with affected departments and personnel. Reviews, corrects, reconciles and analyzes various clinical and financial system reports to assure that all interface activities between the clinical and financial systems are handled correctly. Leads architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluations, and tracks, communicates development project status, dependencies, and risks to the project team and leadership, providing technical expertise on assigned applications.
- Responsible for assessment, estimation, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of new and existing interoperability and integration solutions staying current with new technologies and best practices.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage new technologies and improve processes, providing expertise on assigned domains or assets including the interrelationships with other systems, applications and technology.
- Partners with the operational teams and users to gather and analyze highly complex business and technical requirements to design or produce efficient and effective interface solutions
- Participates in or leads project design walkthroughs, evaluating dependencies between applications, advising on alternative approaches, and designing for effective interfaces
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of business practices, application interdependencies and interface functionality when writing or modifying code, testing, issue triaging and troubleshooting interface logic.
- Provides a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications support the business, and use that information to lead the interface development process
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with business partners and project, application, and technical teams
- Leads code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications; tracking exceptions to verify they are addressed in a planned and timely manner
- Provides expertise and leads the selection and implementation of technology solutions, tools, methodologies, standards and best practices, champions their merits and use and provides guidance and oversight to ensure project adherence to those standards and practices.
- Exhibits expert knowledge of information messaging standards (I.e., HL7/FHIR, ANSIx12 and middleware principles and concepts (i.e., APIs, REST, SOAP, Web Services, etc.)