ERP Software Engineer III - PeopleSoft Technical
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The ERP Software Engineer plays a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting the PeopleSoft applications yielding solutions and strategies for accomplishing viable solutions for complex business processes.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Related IT Degree, or 4 years related IT work experience in lieu of degree
Work Experience: 5+ Years of experience in PeopleSoft technical role, preferably in the HealthCare industry.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing/Composing - Correspondence and Reports
Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Research, Statistical
Bachelors Degree Major: Computer Science or Related
Work Schedule: Flexible and On Call
- Expert level knowledge in PeopleTools 8.5x, PeopleCode, Component Interface, SQR, Application Engine programming, Approval Framework (AWE), BI Publisher, PeopleSoft Portal (Interaction Hub) and Integration Broker.
- Experience in performing technical fit-gap analysis and retrofitting code for PeopleSoft Application Upgrades, Tax Updates, Patches and Bundles.
- Experience in developing custom applications/solutions based on PeopleTools technology stack.
- Ability to design and develop new interfaces using latest PeopleSoft integration technologies.
- Ability to write complex SQLs, SQL Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Knowledge in implementing and maintaining RESTful Web Services and PeopleSoft Fluid interface are preferred.
- Must be able to assess technical gaps in requirement specifications.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft technical architecture (Web Server, App Server, Process Scheduler, Batch Server and Database Server) is required.
- Thorough understanding of PeopleSoft object security and row level security is required.
- Provide production support for the ERP applications, including participation in a 24×7 on-call support rotation.
- Participate in production changes that may occur after 5:00p.m. or on weekends.
- Participate in internal and external audits and facilitate responses to audit requests.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of algorithms, programming structures and numerical analysis; be able to identify better ways to solve problems and coach junior programmers to improve their skills.
- Demonstrates a strong initiative to learn, collaborate, be proactive in acquiring programming knowledge and skills, taking on new assignments and extending his/her knowledge.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.