Executive Vice President - ACS
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer with overall responsibilities for all free-standing and hospital- based, primary care and specialty clinics, including Ask Our Nurse Program, the Referral Center, Virtual Care and the Patient Appointment Center at the Harris Health System. This includes responsibility for ensuring patient-centered, high quality, cost effective and integrated care.
Masters Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health with emphasis in healthcare management or related field will be considered given appropriate experience. Must be comfortable and effective in a system-wide matrix reporting relationship.
Doctor of Medicine or DO degree desired; Preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
Texas licensure or eligible. Board certified or board-eligible in an appropriate clinical discipline preferred
Ten (10) years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience in a healthcare delivery environment, preferably ambulatory; relevant experience in an academic healthcare environment desired.
* Responsible for achieving assigned goals of the Systems Strategic plan for Ambulatory Care Services.
* Provides administrative oversight and direction to assure efficient day-to-day operations of all components of the ambulatory care platform.
* Serves as a key member of the senior leadership team in collaboration with the System's management teams, and the administrative and clinical leadership at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) and University of Texas Health Science Center- Houston (UTHSC) to develop and implement District- wide ambulatory care services..
* Partners with medical leadership at BCM and UTHSC to champion quality patient care.
* Responsible for the successful integration of primary care, secondary care and tertiary care throughout Harris Health.
* Collaborates with the Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs of Medical Staff, ACS CMO, other System departments, and external contemporaries to provide a culture of patient safety and to achieve and maintain patient satisfaction.
* Standardizes best practices in operational and clinical functions across the Ambulatory Care platform.
* Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of performance improvement initiatives, clinical programs and services, assuring appropriate utilization of resources. Responsible for assuring goals and expectations are met, as evidenced by scorecard measures.
* Responsible for the capital and operating budgets for Ambulatory Care Services.
* Promotes favorable public relations with the public and other healthcare organizations within the community.
* Participates in the promotion of ambulatory care services and grants sponsored programs.
* Assures compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies regarding Ambulatory Care Services and programs.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing /Correspondence, Writing /Reports
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities: Analytical, Medical Terminology
Work Schedule: Holidays, Flexible, On Call