Facil Eng Journeyman Tech
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair to include, but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and other misc. infrastructure systems.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School or GED. Ability to read, write, and comprehends English (job- related instruction). Journeyman level license or equivalent certification required. All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Four years building maintenance experience preferred, including demonstrating ability to troubleshoot complex maintenance problems.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: Valid Texas Drivers License preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
P.C. CMMS Access
Advance Training Specialty: Journeyman level License or equivalent certification, or 1st Grade Stationary Engineering City of Houston, or trade/craft specific licensure or certification
3. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime Travel On Call