Facility Engineer Lead Tech-Building/Grounds - Swing Shift - Ben Taub Hospital
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This is a Swing shift position including weekends and Holidays if needed. Will rotate on 1st & 2nd shift.
JOB SUMMARY: Represents management, as a working lead technician. Provides work direction as needed in assigning and monitoring completion of work. Address and develops root-cause analysis on major failures.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- Ability to read, writes, and comprehends English.
- Journeyman level license or equivalent certification required.
- All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Six years building maintenance experience preferred, including ability to troubleshoot complex maintenance problems and ability to provide work direction.
- Candidate must possess leadership skills and high level interpersonal skills.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
- Not Required
4. Equipment Operated:
- Valid Texas Drivers License preferred.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Communication Management Support Staff Communication Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills:
3. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime Travel On Call
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.