Facility Maintenance Tech II - Ben Taub Hospital - Swing Shift
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
Swing Shift including Holidays and weekends. This position is for General Maintenance. Preferred experience in Painting/Plumbing/Carpentry/Replace ceiling tiles, install dispensers etc.
JOB SUMMARY: Works independently to complete preventive maintenance tasks, diagnoses problems, selects materials, and complete repairs of utility systems, equipment and components.
- High School or GED required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English (job- related instruction).
- Technical class work preferred.
- All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Minimum two years building maintenance, or advanced technical education, or related craft experience required, including ability to perform advanced building and equipment maintenance activities.
Equipment Operated: Valid Texas Drivers License preferred.
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Writing /Composing: Correspondence, Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, P.C., CMMS Access
Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, Travel, On Call