Guest Transportation Dispatcher - Day Shift - Ben Taub
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The dispatcher manages the daily patient transport flow for their assigned shift. Dispatches Assigns transport requests to transporters to transport patients throughout the facility and is responsible for monitoring transports, answering phone and communicating with requesting areas.. On occasion, the dispatcher will transport patients, specimens, and medication throughout the facility via bed, stretcher and/or wheel chair, maintaining proper safety and infection control methods, and ensuring that the patient is given the utmost courtesy and respect by utilizing good customer service skills and adhering to the ServiceFirst standards of behavior. Dispatcher also supervises/leads team in absence of the supervisor, as assigned. Other job functions include statistical reporting, cross training and leadership.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma or GED
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 yr required
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Some supervisory experience preferred
4. Equipment Operated: Computer, Stretcher, Wheelchair , Hospital Bed, Radio, Base Station, Oxygen Tanks, copying machine and electronic devices
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Bilingual Skills Preferred? Yes - Languages: Spanish
2. Other Skills: Typing wpm 25, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: Advance Training Specialty: CPR
4. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime
5. Other Requirements: Healthcare customer service preferred; transportation and/or dispatch experience preferred; and management/leadership skills preferred.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Designated Supervisor
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None