Health Plan Specialist II (Field)
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Health Plan Specialist II is responsible for leading activities to achieve membership/enrollment goals in all product lines offered by Community Health Choice through various means, including, but not limited to, marketing projects and new market initiatives, reporting and analysis of marketing data for service areas, identifying new sites and community partners, discovering new community activities and member retention activities, brand visibility, vendor outreach and networking opportunities.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred, Life and Health license within 90 days of hire date
- Two years experience in Medicaid and CHIP, Health insurance or similar experience with nonprofit organization assisting low income population
- Above Average verbal communication skills (Heavy Public Contact)
- Writing /Composing Correspondence /Reports
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Must be familiar with health insurance programs and their components, including STAR Medicaid/CHIP programs and Health Insurance Marketplace
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.