Healthcare Business Analyst I - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Healthcare Business Analyst I will utilize and evaluate claims, authorization, member and provider data to assist the manager of Analytics develop, track and monitor healthcare quality metrics, savings initiatives in revenue and cost and utilization trends and opportunities. The applicant will exhibit familiarity with using data from various relational databases. Candidate must display some proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Access, SQL and possess knowledge of basic medical coding (ICD-9) as well as general Health Information Management principles. A thorough knowledge of statistics, good verbal/written communication skills are also required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of healthcare experience.
- Writing/composing,Correspondence, Reports.
- Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terminology
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.