HIM Manager - LBJ Hospital
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Director in the supervision and management of the Health Information Management and Registration Departments.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Graduate Bachelor or Associate of Medical Record Administration(BS), or Registered Record Administrator(RRA), or Medical Record Technician(ART).
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One (1) year supervisory experience in a Medical Record Department.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): One (1) year supervisory experience in a Medical Record Department.
4. Equipment Operated: Personal computer, office equipment (copier, fax, 10-key add)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) ''
Bilingual Skills Required? Yes ' or No ' Languages:
Writing /Composing ' (Correspondence ' / Reports ' )
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, CRT, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Statistical, Typing (wpm 45), Word Proc '
3. Work Schedule: Weekends ' Holidays ' Flexible Travel ' On Call '
4. Other Requirements: Coding: ICD-9-CM and CPT 4, anatomy, physiology, computer literacy, Excel, Microsoft, Word, Power Point, Medical Terminology