HR Business Analyst- Human Resources Workforce Analytics
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The HR Business Analyst ensures that the operational interests of all Human Resources areas are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the HR Department. This position works proactively in support of HR Leadership to ensure effective operational process and service improvement activities are in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
We are searching for a HR Business Analyst to join our HR Workforce Analytics team whose passion for reporting and analytics.
Essential Job Duties:
Work on HR departmental efforts to develop standardized workforce reporting and analytics to be shared and utilized by stakeholders system-wide
Work closely with HRIS team, IT and external vendors to ensure the development of needed reporting and analytics.
Assist HR leadership representing key workforce information in various forms such online, presentations, or other methods.
Identify significant trends or key issues, provides recommendations and makes presentations on trends, forecasts, supplies and predicts future potentials.
Work with HR departmental leaders to determine relevant key performance indicators and metrics.
Produce analysis and visualizations through cutting edge technologies such as Tableau.
Generate innovative ideas and solutions that improve services, insights and ability to efficiently deliver. Collects and analyzes data and metrics to identify trends.
Work with HRIS and internal team to ensure data quality is sound.
Collect and review relevant qualitative and quantitative data from several sources. Perform data quality reviews.
Recommends process improvements based upon industry standards.
Strong written and verbal skills
Proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
Must be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously, be able to prioritize effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines.
Three (3) years working with process improvements and/or departmental practices and guidelines;
One (1) year of project management experience.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact); Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking);
Analytical; Design; Research; Statistical
Bachelor's Degree (Major): B.A./B.S.
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED .
- Ensure activities are aligned between HR and organizational strategies.
- Manage the implementation of HR projects. Must be able to meet budget, schedule, and deliverable requirements within 15% of estimates.
- In partnership with HR business areas, identify business process improvements enabled through technology; drive change to achieve results.
- Facilitate assessment of business needs, evaluate processes and define business requirements to recommend and implement business solutions for new and existing HR processes and procedures to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the implementation of new/enhanced solutions and workflow processes to increase operating efficiency and improve productivity in the most effective manner.
- Provide analytical and project management support to any ongoing project schedule as well as major processes updates such as recruitment/retention, succession planning and annual processes (e.g. benefits open enrollment) in collaboration with the rest of the HR department.
- Report project activity and status to management.
- Must be able to recommend process improvements based upon industry standard in addition to resolving integrated process issues.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the limitations and opportunities presented by the processes currently supported and/or newly suggested guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously, be able to prioritize effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines.
- Act as key liaison between HR business areas and the organization at large.
- Escalate issues appropriately and expeditiously to appropriate individuals.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 154037