HR Business Analyst
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The HR Business Analyst ensures that the operational interests of all Human Resources areas are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the HR Department of Harris Health System. This position works proactively in support of HR Leadership to ensure effective operational process and service improvement activities are in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate has some data analytics experience, has documented processes or standard operating procedures, developed technical manuals, or even has some Six Sigma knowledge. Critical thinking skills.
Meets the following Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of work experience, preferably in Human Resources, at least one year of project management experience,
- Technical Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft experience helpful
- Soft Skills: Written and oral communication skills; presentation skills.
- Works well with others as a team or independently
- Strong communication skills, written and HR experience helpful
Three (3) years working with process improvements and/or departmental practices and guidelines;
One (1) year of project management experience.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract); Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking);
Analytical; Design; Research; Statistical
Bachelor's Degree (Major): B.A./B.S.
- Partner with HRIS to enable the successful rollout of programs such as performance management.
- Assist with the succession planning program
- Creating a dashboard that shows impact and is easy to understand
- Map out processes, extracting data from sources (e.g. PeopleSoft or other system) into spreadsheet in a systematic, easily understood manner.
- Create presentations and present results to different audiences
- Document processes and Standard Operating Procedures for different projects
- Conduct needs assessments with clients and work with the team to design solutions