Human Resources Specialist
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the day to day transactional and operational services managed in the HR Shared Services Center team. Serves as the first level of support to employees for core HR related questions. Delivers a professional and positive experience to employees utilizing the HR portal. The main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters. This position will work cross-functionally and collaboratively within all areas for Human Resources. Overall, this HR Specialist will:
- Provide administrative support and perform customer service functions by responding to employee inquiries and requests.
- Act as a liaison between employee and various members of HR team.
- Maintain accurate reporting on HR activities and ad-hoc reporting per departmental requests.
- Proactively identifies and implements opportunities to improve employee experience through changes in protocols internally and through vendors.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Plan and prioritize workload to ensure key HR business processes have the resource to provide the agreed service levels
- Help establish standards and procedures for handling team member questions, transactions, and administration of human resources programs.
- Provide high quality, consistent HR guidance, support and resolution to managers and employees with focus on employee-centric service.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Two years in an HR related and/or administrative experience required.
- Experience working in an HR Shared Services or HR Generalist preferred.
- Software Proficiencies: ServiceNow, PeopleSoft, Kronos preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166361