IAM Software Engineer III
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The IAM Software Engineer III plays a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting the IAM applications yielding solutions and strategies for accomplishing viable solutions for complex business processes.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Experience
- 5+ Years within Information Technology organization, preferably in the HealthCare industry.
- Advanced knowledge in and experience implementing one or more of the following IAM product suites: Oracle, IBM, CA, SailPoint, and/or Microsoft
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact);
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking);
Writing /Composing: Correspondence/Reports
Other Skills: Analytical; Design; Mathematics; Research; Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible; On Call
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED
1. Demonstrate an understanding of risk and change management, security policies and controls, user account lifecycle management, roles based access, access management, IAM governance, and the ability to translate client's business requirements into specific system, application or process designs.
2. Have strong IAM industry awareness including with market leading technologies, emerging trends, regulatory compliance, and key business drivers.
3. Work closely with business team to implement and/or assist in implementing user interface elements
4. Support and maintain the integration of existing and new application with the IAM infrastructure
5. Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues in support of the identity access, application and provide solutions/recommendations.
6. Promote tighter business/IT alignment and better-quality decisions regarding the application of technology towards business goals
7. Work with IT Leadership to plan and integrate short and long term technology options into overall IT roadmap.
8. Serve as a key hands-on contributor in the software product development life-cycle, performing analysis, driving software architecture and design, development, and integration.
9. Provides ongoing evaluation of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with UI framework and objectives
10. Assists with impact analysis of proposed changes on existing architecture, capabilities, system priorities, and technology solutions; looks for additional solution options or trade-offs
11. Assists in technical strategy and process engineering as well as standards definition and review
12. Assists with the review and implementation of third party solutions or tools.
13. Continually evaluate production processes for potential performance improvements
14. Continually evaluate production processes for potential design improvements and refactoring opportunities
15. Provide Tier-3 support assistance to developers and members of the implementations or customer support teams
16. Participate in on call rotation for support of Production Identity Management infrastructure.