Imaging Informatics Analyst - Ben Taub Hospital
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
Primarily responsible for the support of daily operations of the Picture Archive Communication System (PACS), Imaging dictation systems and Radiology Information System (Epic Radiant) at Harris County Hospital District. Successful candidate will work closely with the HCHD Department of Radiology, HCHD IT and affiliate institutions to ensure the successful operation, support and maintenance of PACS, affiliated dictation systems and Epic Radiant systems. Performs system administration, end user support and user training. Supports the design and implementation activities for the expansion and upgrade of the PACS and dictation systems.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree Business Administration, Information Technology, or Healthcare related field. Advanced training in PACS administration or other IT certifications with experience in radiology departmental operations and workflow preferred.
Preferred: Graduate of JRCERT Radiologic Technologist program.
Preferred: Certification in PACS administration and/or Epic Radiant certification.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Five years of progressive IT/PACS experience with a minimum of 2 years working in the Healthcare arena
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Previous experience in physician and/or staff training
4. Equipment Operated: Computers, various radiology related software/hardware and general office equipment
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g. Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty: Must have computer knowledge and be proficient in all operating systems used within Radiology (RIS, Synapse, Epic, IBM)
Bachelor's Degree Major: Business Administration, Information Technology, or Healthcare related field.
4. Work Schedule: Holidays, Travel, On Call
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166846