Immunohistochemistry Technologist - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The IHC Technologist will perform immunohistochemistry stains, special stains and general histology activities in a large volume hospital laboratory.
- Bachelor's in Histology, Chemical, Physical, Biological, Medical/Clinical Preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- HT (ASCP) Histotechnician
- HTL (ASCP), Preferred
- QIHC, Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, Preferred
- Two (2) years automated Immunohistochemistry experience on the Ventana and/or Bond;
- One (1) year IHC validation and optimization;
- Two (2) years experience cutting paraffin sections on a microtome, embedding.
Above average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical, Design, Dictation/Transcription, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible
Equipment Operated: Microtome, Automatic Stainer, Automatic Slide Coverslipper, Tissue Processor