IT Field Services Specialist I - 5 P- 1:30 A Ben Taub/LBJ
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Field Services Specialist I is responsible for providing support to the users of the District's information technology systems including:
- PCs, Fax Machines, Mobile carts, End User Computing Mobile Devices, IP Phones, Video Conferencing, TV Headend, PC Operating System, Business Software, Monitors, Thin Clients, Printers and related peripheral equipment related to operating characteristics of current Windows desktop operating system
- Managing assigned tickets and projects/work orders within the prescribed service level agreement
- Meeting productivity goals
- The role includes on-site support and help desk support.
- High school diploma/GED. Associate Degree preferred.
- HDI Desktop Support Technician within 6 months of hiring.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience repairing and supporting IT equipment and software.
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Writing/Composing Correspondence, Writing/Composing Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, PC, Word
Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, On Call
Other Requirements: Drive company vehicle, must have valid Texas driver license, and clear driving record. On call duty after 9 months of hiring.
Typical Duties That May Be Performed:
- Performs Break/Fix on: PCs, Fax Machines, Mobile carts, End User Computing Mobile Devices, IP Phones, Video Conferencing, PC OS and additional software, Monitors, Thin Clients, Printers and related peripheral equipment related to operating characteristics of current Windows desktop operating system
- Maintain Service Level Agreements for Break/Fix, Installation, and Project related tasks
- Perform Move Add Change (MAC) activities
- Follows policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and customers to deliver customer services that meet or exceed customer expectations as evidenced by customer satisfaction scores
- Delivers exceptional customer service by embracing ServiceFIRST standards of behavior during all patient, visitor and staff encounters
- Documents technical solutions and submit via CA Knowledge Based Management system