IT Inventory Control Analyst I
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
IT Inventory Control Analyst I - responsible for activities in warehouse, inventory control and distribution of equipment by performing the following duties
- Input and update all data from inventory counts in AMS
- Work with appropriate staff in all facilities to maintain inventory accuracy
- Assist in maintaining best practices and processes regarding inventory processes and procedures
- Monitor internal department inventory stock levels and resolves any discrepancies
- Reconciles physical inventories to AMS system; makes adjustments when necessary; audit on discrepancies per department
- Will have the ability to communicate and address problems
- Will be able to enforce company policies & procedures
- Work efficiently to attain goals
Education/Specialized Training/License Maintain: H.S Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Inventory Management.
- Handle multiple high priority tasks in a fast paced team environment and requires the ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with all levels of employees in the organization.
- Certified Forklift License a plus
Management Experience: 3 years' experience with managing inventory.
Equipment Operated: PCs, Fork Lift, Manual/Electric Pallet Jacks
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing/Composing: Correspondence, Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, PC, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible
Other Requirements: Detailed and Customer Service Oriented
Typical Duties That May Be Performed.
- Inventory Reconciliation
- Equipment and Inventory Management
- Ability to investigate inventory discrepancies and determine the causes
- Traces history of equipment to determine reasons for any discrepancies
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.