Laboratory Quality Specialist/Coordinator - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
This position will cover Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Flow Cytometry, and Reference Lab
Coordinates Quality Assurance activities in the assigned laboratory department/section. Supports compliance with clinical lab regulatory standards (CLIA, CAP, etc.) and lab safety standards. Duties performed involve weighing and evaluating many factors requiring judgment, analytical ability and problem-solving in dealing with complex data and situations. Implements and maintains the quality management plan and performance improvement activities for assigned area. Ensures inspection readiness at all times.
- Bachelors in Biological Science, Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent
Licenses & Certification:
- Medical Technologist OR Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT),
- Histotechnician (HT), Histotechnologist (HTL) Cytotechnoligst (CT), Molecular Biology (MB), Molecular Diagnostics or other clinical lab certification;
- ASCP, AMT, ABB or equivalent
- Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA), Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) or Quality Technician(CQT);
- Must obtain ASQ certification within 18 months of employment
- 6 Months Work Experience Quality assurance and/or compliance preferred
- Certified Professional for Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Project management certification preferred.
- Five (5) Years Work Experience Clinical laboratory in one of the following areas:
- Blood bank
- Core lab (chemistry and hematology)
- Point of Care Testing(POCT)
- Molecular / flow cytometry
- Three years to include include project management, regulatory compliance, quality assurance and strategic planning or directly related healthcare experience
Communication Skills: Writing/ Correspondence, Writing/ Reports
Proficiencies: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook, P.C.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities: Analytical, Statistical
Work Experience: Flexible, Travel,