Life Services Employer Partner Specialist - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Assists the Life Services Manager in implementing the social determinants programs. The Life Services Employer Partner Specialist should be comfortable working with low-income populations and will be responsible for preparing the CareerReady Scholars for employment opportunities. The Life Services Employer Partner Specialist will also assist the Life Services Manager in tracking the career development of CareerReady Scholars.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree required. Major in social sciences, psychology, counseling, social work or related field preferred.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): A minimum of two years' experience working in career counseling, academic advising, or workforce development preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: PC skills, routine office equipment
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Required? No Languages:
Writing /Composing Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Design, Research
P.C. MS Word MS Excel
Advance Training Specialty:
Bachelor's Degree Major: Social Sciences, counseling, social work, psychology preferred
4. Work Schedule: Weekends Flexible Overtime Travel
5. Other Requirements: Prior experience in training and assessing workforce readiness in low-income populations
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None