Manager, Business Development - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of the business development team. The Manager will be responsible for customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth for all lines of business. The Manager will maximize the efforts of the business development team potential by creating targeted growth plans for inbound and outbound activities, setting team and individual objectives, coaching and performance monitoring of team members.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree preferred and Four (4) years Health Plan experience OR Eight (8) years' experience (including at least Four (4) years Health Plan experience) in lieu of degree.
2. Work Experience: Four (4) years Health Plan Experience.
3. Management Experience: Two (2) years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Languages: Spanish preferred
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms
3. Advance Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Strong leadership skills and ability to drive sales and/or outreach team. Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities. High degree of independent decision making and creative problem solving capability. Strong negotiation skills and customer focused. Spanish preferred.