Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of the business development team. The Manager will be responsible for customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth for all lines of business. The Manager will maximize the efforts of the business development team potential by creating targeted growth plans for inbound and outbound activities, setting team and individual objectives, coaching and performance monitoring of team members.
- Bachelor's degree required. Four (4) years in a managed care organization may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Group Insurance license to be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Five years in a managed care organization
- Two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive sales and/or outreach team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- High degree of independent decision making and creative problem solving capability.
- Strong negotiation skills and customer focused. Spanish preferred
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 156233