Manager Cyber Security Operations
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Manager Cyber Security Operations reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Cyber & Information Security Officer (CISO), serves in a critical role responsible for managing a highly skilled team of cybersecurity analysts and information security engineers that provide expert security monitoring, detection, vulnerability management, threat and incident response to Harris Health System. This role is responsible for ensuring that HIPAA Security, PCI DSS standards, along with cyber industry best practices, which govern security practices organization wide, protect employee and patient information as well as drive implementation of the target security architecture. This position will bring not only leadership but also technical expertise mentoring team members as well as an active team member driving objectives to completion. The Cyber Security Manager must have deep experience, expertise and strong instincts in managing diverse and challenging security issues, emerging from a wide range of security challenges.
Bachelors - CyberSecurity, Computer Science, Information System
Masters - Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Systems (Preferred)
Licenses & Certification
CISSP, CRISC, CCIE - Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA - Security, GIAC (Must have at least one of these certifications)
6 Years of Experience Extensive knowledge of HIPAA Security rule, HITECH, Payment Card Industry (PCI), NIST Cybersecurity Framework. In addition, understanding of NIST SP 800-53r4, COBIT, and ITIL frameworks preferred. RSAM or other GRC tools experience preferred. Previous IT audit and risk management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 Years of Experience
Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking) Writing - Correspondence/ Reports
Reports to Position
Supervisory Responsibilities -10 employees
Typical Duties That May Be Performed
- Manage day-to-day operations including direct staff and functional staff objectives across the organization
- Establish and maintain the right team and processes to continually deliver across the enterprise including contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Coach and lead team members, nurture talent to develop a broad skillset relevant to their career development
- Drive adoption of new tools, techniques and technologies understanding their value and impact
- Support and collaborate with multiple teams including Security Risk & Compliance and Information Technology
- Directly contribute to the development and execution of a multiyear roadmap for the overall Information Security Program
- Establish and maintain operational SOPs for all responsible areas and technologies
- Establish, maintain and report metrics to accurately track the current state of defenses, protections and performance
- Manage the Incident and Crisis Management program to quickly detect, respond, and resolve security incidents
- Manage the Threat and Vulnerability Management program including event monitoring
- Assist with the creation, adoption, and maturing of the threat modeling and security requirements functions and processes
- Responsible for the information security architecture framework and standards that governs security practices enterprise-wide
- Other cyber activities as assigned
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.