Manager, IS System Applications
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Manager, IS System Applications is responsible for managing specified applications/systems within Community Health Choice. The person in this role is expected to maintain performance within the designated applications, manage and develop staff, continuously improve the quality of processes, and work with Leadership to implement new ideas defined for Health Plan needs. Additionally, this manager will
lead the configuration/solutions development team in the design, development, deployment and sustainment of business process solutions, software systems/applications. Support all departments and constant monitoring of state regulations to comply with the changes.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business or related area. Four years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years in application support and configuration experience. Healthcare experience preferred
- One year of Informal leadership, team lead or project lead experience.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.