Market Intelligence Analyst - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Provide environmental scanning as support for strategy recommendations inclusive of both internal and external market data to improve productivity, management resources, support sales and marketing strategies, the provider community, internal senior management, and health plan strategy. Provide technical, analytical, statistical and consulting analysis for market research and competitive intelligence, regulatory (local, state, and federal) rules and regulations, processing and analysis activities as they relate to health plan functions, present results, and strategic recommendations to management and cross-functional strategy teams. Maintain analysis databases for all environmental scan activities and reporting.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor’s degree in Public Service/Administration, Political Science, Health Care Administration or related field.
Four (4) years in market research/environmental consulting, strategy, product development or related business function may be substitute in lieu of degree
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 3 years of work experience
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment and MS Office applications
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing Yes (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor’s Degree Major: Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Public Service or related field.
4. Work Schedule:
5. Other Requirements:
Advance understanding of the healthcare industry. Strong technical knowledge of health insurance principles and understanding of health care environment, ability to analyst market issues, draw conclusions independently, and provide comprehensive reports to facilitate executive leadership response to market demands.
Leadership, team building, written, verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to influence at all levels within the organization and work independently with minimum supervision. Must be able to handle multiple requests simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline.