Medical Affairs Training Supervisor
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Medical Affairs Training Supervisor works closely with the Medical Affairs department and the Medical Affairs trainers to design and deliver a blended learning training program to include onboarding programs, new systems or program trainings. The supervisor collaborates with leadership to assess training needs and training program development ensuring that each training program delivers the desired performance objectives and outcomes for the respected department. This position is responsible for overseeing the partnership of trainers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the design and approval of all content for accuracy and the Training Ticketing system for the team. The supervisor assists in remediation, re-training or advancing learning and development objectives defined by leadership for existing Medical Affairs staff, train all new hires, and hold implementation training meetings for staff for new clients and products; and participates in delivery of Inter-rater Reliability Reviews for clinical staff whose job includes a UM function to ensure consistent application of Policies, evidence-based guidelines, or other authorization criteria as adopted by the health plan and collaborate on remediation as needed on an individual or group basis.
- Registered Nurse with Active Texas nursing license required.
- BSN preferred
- Four years experience in managed care health plan and two years experience as a trainer or equivalent experience
- Two years direct experience working with InterQual; Experience with Medicaid, Health Insurance Marketplace and Medicare Populations,preferred.
- Two years experience in a managerial leadership role
- Exceptional Verbal communication skills
- Writing /Composing/Correspondence/Reports
- Medical Terminology, MS Word, MS Excel
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.