Medical Staff Coordinator II - Ben Taub Hospital
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
Coordinates the medical staff meeting functions, including meeting preparation, minutes, and dissemination of information to appropriate parties/committees.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High school graduate with supplemental business courses in shorthand, typing, business practices, medical terminology and business English. Associates degree preferred. CPMSM or CPCS certified preferred.
2. Work Experience: 2 years experience as Medical staff coordinator or administrative assistant, or 5 years of various secretarial experience, experience in medical/administrative secretarial work including the taking and transcribing of meeting minutes and operation of standard office machines.
3. Management Experience: 1 year management experience preferred
4. Equipment Operated: Copier, fax, 10-key, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)'
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) '
Writing /Composing(Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Dictation/Transcription, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Research, Statistical, Typing (wpm 50), Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Overtime, Travel