Nurse Fellowship - Fall 2022
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Nurse Clinician II (Registered Nurse) has knowledge and skills necessary to meet standards for professional practice specified in Texas Nursing Practice Act and by HCHD Nursing Service. The practice patterns of competent generalists are characterized by the application of standards, principles, and algorithms to clinical situations. The RN independently and safely manages patients with problems common to patients in his/her assigned clinical area; recognizes when he/she needs assistance and seeks appropriate resources.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing;
- BSN preferred or Experienced Associate Degree Nursing accepted from other clinical areas
- Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- One (1) year full time experience - Nursing.
- Current BLS card issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross (ACR)
This is a 12-week program that provides a specialized orientation process that includes exceptional didactic and clinical experiences for novice and advanced beginner nurses.
Start date of the Nurse Fellowship Program: September 12, 2022
The Nurse Fellowship Program is hiring for the following units at either Ben Taub or Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ):
- Surgical Specialty Unit
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit
- Trauma Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Intermediate Care Unit
- Labor & Delivery
- Mother Baby
- Medsurg Orthopedics
- Medsurg Psychiatric Unit
- Medsurg Neuro Stroke Unit
- Emergency Center