Operations Trainer - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Trainer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training to enhance effectiveness of the Member Services department. The Operations Trainer will assess departmental development needs that will drive the training curriculum and multi-channel methods to complete training. This position will develop, document, and maintain the knowledge base of operating procedures for the department and create instructional guides as needed to supplement training curriculum. Operations Trainer will be responsible for delivering training to all new and existing employees within the department to include, but not limited to, classroom training, e-learning, and self-directed learning. The Operations Trainer will be responsible for auditing the training for accuracy and creating a schedule for review and obtaining approvals for all content created to be delivered to employees. The Operations Trainer will review Risk Assessments for determination of accuracy and/or next steps for the trainees. The Operations Trainer will also be responsible for creating an online repository of all training material with quick key look up functions. The Operations trainer will be responsible for delivering a performance summary for each new hire that completes the new hire training curriculum. The summary will include a transition plan, identified areas for further development, and will conduct formal meetings with leadership to place to action recommendations. The Operations Trainer will also be responsible for coaching, evaluating and identifying areas of opportunity with each trainee. The Operations Trainer will be responsible for archiving and destruction of any obsolete training material to prevent adverse impacts on member accounts.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Associate Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
- 4 years related experience in training or customer service within a high volume call center and/or data center. (Healthcare preferred)
3. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence/Reports
2. Other Skills: Medical Terminology
3. Work Schedule: Flexible