Pharmacy Communications Coordinator
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
JOB SUMMARY: The Communications Specialist is responsible for managing all internal, external strategic communications and related projects for the Harris Health System Pharmacy department. Responsibilities include collating and distributing communication and report to senior leaders and extended list; coordinates pharmacy PR department procedures, including reporter routing, vendor coordination, media list management and on-call scheduling. Assist PR team colleagues with media projects, as needed. The incumbent will also serve as a role model for pharmacists, pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and technicians by adhering to the pharmacy Services, pharmacy service standards.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field required. Registered Pharmacy Technician by Texas State Board of Pharmacy required
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 3 to 5 years of experience in healthcare/Pharmacy setting, healthcare marketing setting and/or communication preferred. Experience with interactive and social media platforms, preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 2-3 years related project management experience preferred
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
Analytical Design Mathematics Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelors Degree Major: Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field required
Masters Degree Major: MBA/MPH/MHA or related degree preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible Travel On Call
5. Other Requirements: Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.