Population Health Analyst
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
Harris Health System seeks an exceptionally motivated individual to join its department of Population Health Transformation to advance innovative health solutions for those most in need. The department oversees Harris Health's transformative model of care, encompassing the continuum of care coordination, upstream determinants of health, value-based financing strategies, community collaboration and outreach, and research and informatics. This individual will collaborate in a fast-paced team environment on high-priority, system-wide initiatives to impact the social, economic, and behavioral determinants of health. The successful candidate will have outstanding critical thinking, communication, and research skills, as well as experience in program design, implementation, and/or evaluation in an academic or work setting.
Bachelors Degree in Public Health Sciences, Healthcare Admin or Related Field
Masters in Public health, health sciences, healthy policy, or related field preferred
2 Years of Experience or Masters Degree
- Relevant experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies and knowledge to succeed in the duties of the position, including:
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and persuasively, to tailor communication for various audiences, and to design high-quality reports and presentations;
- Academic or work experience collaborating in a team setting on program design, implementation, and/or evaluation, with an emphasis on translating research into action;
- Diligence, attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to high-quality work.
- Experience in healthcare delivery settings and/or with insurance or managed care
- Familiarity with population health, public health, or clinical quality research or metrics.
Above average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
Analytical Research Statistical