PRN EEG Technician - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The EEG (electroencephalogram, electroencephalograph or electroneurodiagnostic) Technician is responsible for operating equipment that measures the electrical activity of the brain as well as other parts of the nervous system such as the spinal cord.
1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training:
a. Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology from a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program or two (2) years of EEG experience and eligible to write the certification exam.
- Certification from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologies (ABRET) preferred.
- BLS certification.
2. Work Experience:
- Two (2) years preferred.
3. Management Experience: N/A.
4. Equipment Operated: EEG equipment
5. Skills/Knowledge: Computer knowledge
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
2. Other Skills: PC
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty: Electroneurodiagnostic technology
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, On Call
5. Other Requirements: N/A