Procurement Senior Contracts Administrator - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Procurement Senior Contracts Administrator is responsible for Community's Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)/Minority/Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) program. The Procurement Senior Contracts Administrator is highly skilled, experienced, responsible for the most complex projects, and is fully capable of performing every facet of the competitive bid/Request for Proposal (RFP) procedure, as well as the less formal procurements procedures. The Procurement Senior Contracts Administrator is knowledgeable of all rules and regulations governing each purchasing process utilized by Community Health Choice. The Procurement Senior Contracts Administrator serves as a leader with advisory capacity in the procurement group and can work independently in managing the procurement process.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- CPSM, CPPO, CPCM Preferred
- Work Experience
- Six years Procurement/Purchasing progressive experience required.
- Public Procurement experience preferred
- HUB Contract experience preferred
- Software Proficiencies:
- Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Required
- Excellent Analytical/Verbal /Written Skills required.