Product Development Manager - Medicaid/CHIP
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Product Development Manager will play a pivotal role in assisting with driving the success and growth of our organization by overseeing and managing the development of new product lines. In addition, they are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance of our existing products, (STAR+PLUS, STAR, CHIP, Medicare (D-SNP), and Marketplace) analyzing key metrics and making data-driven recommendations for product enhancements or strategic pivots. The Product Development Manager is responsible for managing product by aggregating market intelligence to identify and develop future benefit plan designs; recommends product positioning for new and existing products and modifies current products as necessary to be compliant with regulatory requirements. The Product Development Manager will manage new product initiatives from concept to implementation and provide ongoing monitoring. This individual will lead cross-functional teams, collaborate with key stakeholders, and leverage market insights to design and deliver innovative products that meet the needs our members and drive business growth. This position will collaborate with Business Development, Finance, Compliance and Operations to report market dynamics, trends and ensure competitive offerings.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- 35% Collaborates with executive management to build out the infrastructure (technical, sales, account management, billing, etc.) to service commercial accounts and builds consensus across departments during the product development and implementation to drive innovation
- 20% Manages implementation teams created and ensures full transition to operational models
- 20% Leads, coordinates, and manages monthly service meetings with clients to champion a customer-centric approach; develops and ensures distribution of performance monitoring reports both internally and with clients
- 10% Effectively advances Community’s brand and promotes the organization throughout its markets and communities by volunteering (40 or more hours per year) for, community-based, governmental, industry, accreditation, provider, or business development entities whose purpose aligns with Community’s mission, or that impact Community’s operational success or organizational sustainability
- 5% Responsible for completing and submitting the RFPs and bid submissions and for new and existing programs
- 5% Remains current with trends in new product development, distribution strategies (brokers, etc.), HHSC and TDI regulations relevant to these lines of business
- 5% Other duties as assigned
Reports to Position Title: Director, Product Development
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or related field.
- Work Experience (Years and Area):5 + years of CHIP experience in product management or development roles within the healthcare or managed care industry.
- Software Proficiencies:Microsoft: (Outlook, Teams, Excel)
- Demonstrated success in leading end-to-end product development lifecycles, from concept to launch
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information, identify trends, and make date driven decisions
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration abilities, with the capacity to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant regulations requirements within the manage care industry
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Travel around Houston, surrounding counties and Austin, TX