Our Trauma Services Department is seeking an analytical and detailed oriented individual to work as a Trauma Coordinator along with our team of experienced coordinators to help facilitate and maintain the objectives of our busy Level 3 trauma facility.
The Trauma Coordinator is responsible for:
- The facilitation of all services required to ensure that all admitted trauma patients receive the best care
- Accurate collection, update and maintenance of data for the Trauma Registry that includes data abstraction, ICD-10, Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) coding, quality assessment/audit etc.
- Querying, exporting, importing and the creation of the necessary reports used for the analysis of trauma data
- Identifying, deploying and monitoring of performance improvement opportunities as needed through education and outreach to ensure increased quality of care
- Application of trauma expertise and the facilitation of multidisciplinary communication and collaboration
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Certification by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM) as Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) Coding Specialist is required within two (2) years. Certification by the American Trauma Society Registrar Certification Board (ATSRCB) as a Trauma Registrar required (within 4 years).
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) and or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certifications preferred.
- Current License or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas
- Two (2) or more years critical care and/or emergency department experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, hospital personnel and general public
- Must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to quickly analyze data using Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and cohesively with other team members and hospital personnel