Security Officer III-FT/Evening Shift (Ben Taub Hospital)
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: : Responsible for patrolling, protecting, and securing all Harris Health System's buildings and grounds, promoting safety and security at all locations.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma or GED. Valid Texas Driver¿s License.
TCOLE Basic Peace Officer Certification or TPSB Level III Certification and, within six months of employment, TPSB Level IV Certification. Within six months of employment: CPR training, completion of IAHSS Basic Security Officer Training Program, and TEAM certification. Must be registered by the Texas Private Security Bureau within 90 days of employment.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Three years security, military, police, or behavioral health experience. Five years healthcare security experience preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: PC based electronic access control, CCTV, and parking systems. Handheld Radio systems. Patrol vehicle.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills;
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Bilingual Skills Required? No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:.
P.C. Typing wpm 20 Word Proc
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty TCOLE Basic Peace Officer or TPSB Level III and IV certification.
Associates degree preferred, Techniques for Effective Aggression Management (TEAM) certification or equivalent certification required. If certification other than TEAM is held at the time of hire, must be recertified as TEAM upon expiration of held certification.
4. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime
5. Other Requirements: E-1 availability during disaster situations. Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form. Proficiency in the use of computers is required. Supervises shift activities in the absence of the security supervisor
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166853