Senior Administrative Assistant to Chief Compliance Officer - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
This Senior Administrative Assistant will perform advanced secretarial duties for the Chief Compliance Officer of Community Health Choice and will also provide administrative support to the Compliance department, currently comprised of 6 teams. This position will support various main office functions including: preparing correspondence, answering phones, monitoring office inventory and ordering supplies, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings via Microsoft Teams, preparation of PowerPoint presentations and various other assignments as needed.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- High School Diploma.
- Formal business school preferred.
- Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Five (5) years Senior Management Level Secretarial Experience.
- Software Operated:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract), Writing /Composing: Correspondence /Reports
Analytical, Dictation/Transcription, Typing wpm 65, MS Word, MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with leadership, staff and external customers on behalf of the Executive.
- Team player. Department is comprised of 6 teams; may have to support teams on specific projects from time to time. Heavy use of Microsoft Teams to coordinate meetings with numerous other departments