Senior Buyer - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Senior Buyer purchases goods and services using the competitive bid/proposal/ qualifications procedure for assigned commodities for procurements over $50,000 and coordinates the preparation and execution of agreements. The Senior Buyer generates specifications, evaluates bids/RFP/RFQ responses, and prepares award recommendations. The Senior Buyer is knowledgeable of all rules and regulations governing each purchasing process utilized by Harris County.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: BA/BS
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Three + years extensive purchasing experience, preferably in government procurement
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal, Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills: Analytical, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advanced Training Specialty: C.P.M. or other professional procurement certification/designation preferred
Bachelor's Degree Major: BA/BS
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people. Thorough knowledge of all rules and regulations governing each informal and formal purchasing process utilized by Harris County. Ability to manage complex projects