Senior Director, IT Business Application - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Senior Director IT Business Applications is a senior member of the Information Technology leadership team and is responsible for managing the organization's core application and platforms and multiple other business applications. The Sr. Director, IT Business Applications will provide vision and leadership to a team of employees, supported as necessary by contractors and vendor professional services teams. He/she is an advocate for application / platform delivery, support, system solutions and configuration requirements. He/she must have strong leadership skills to build and manage an effective Business Applications team to acquire, develop, integrate, and support systems for the business. This position will be a key business partner to functions across the organization. The position will lead the development of a strategic vision of our application / platform environment. The role will be responsible for supporting business application users and working with remote support teams.
The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to develop scalable, supportable, maintainable, robust, and high-performing solutions that meet our clients' requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, applied math, business or another related field. Four (4) years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Ten years of experience in the implementation and support of Business Applications
- Ten years of experience in management/leadership role
- Proficiency in applying highly technical principles, demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and research ability as evidenced by experience in the identification of business requirements and the subsequent implementation of appropriate software configuration solutions to business problems.
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence.
- Able to attract, develop and retain talent and build high performing software development teams.
- Able to foster a culture of transparency and a sense of purpose among the team and create clear accountabilities and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a culture that embraces innovation, and challenges existing paradigms.
- Skilled at setting and communicating priorities effectively; able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Skilled at removing barriers and acting with a sense of urgency and encouraging others.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Superior program and project management competencies.
- Ability to step into projects already in progress, or in need of rescue, and effectively assume a leadership role.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- An exceptional listener, able to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value.
- Has successfully led development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications optimized to run in the cloud or virtualized environments.
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology.
- Expertise with managing application development at scale, employing SDLC methodologies including Agile and Scrum.