Senior Technical Writer
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, the Senior Technical Writer will lead writing initiatives and marketing projects in service of the retention and growth of Community Membership. This includes leading communication concepting, partnering with creative design, and managing writing assignments to Technical Writer and contract writers.
The Senior Technical Writer will report to the Senior Creative Manager and work closely with the Marketing Team and will produce high-quality technical documentation, marketing content, and research for all service lines that is appropriate for the intended audience and meets applicable standards and internal organizational priorities.
Additionally, the Senior Techinical Writer will:
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and scope using strong prioritization skills and meeting deadlines
- Produce high-quality technical documentation, marketing content, and research for all service lines, contributing to the overall success of our products and internal organizational priorities
- Assume some managerial tasks such as content planning and supervision. Instruct and assist the Technical Writer and contract writers in creating on-brand, client-focused copy according to internal and external requirements
- Oversee asset management and materials inventory to ensure optimal intra- and inter-departmental use and that materials comply with industry regulations and Community's brand guidelines
- Manage own writing projects while also providing direction to Technical Writers and serving as a consultant for major communication initiatives based on industry, Community, and writing experience
- Manage the creation of line of business material
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Communications, English, or another relevant discipline required.
- Five years of experience in technical writing required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166627