SEWS SE III - Epic Technical Integration Svcs
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Software Engineer Web Solutions is responsible for planning, design, coding, testing, documentation and implementation of SEWS developed WEB solutions, Vendor supported applications, and other technology efforts within a multi-platform environment. This will include data analysis, integration, interaction with the user community to assess and respond to needs, and research of application issues. Ability to examine user requirements, develop implementation strategies, provide knowledge transfer to other team members. Strong communication skills with IT customers, vendors and other IT Service areas.
With the Epic Technical Integration Services team, responsibilities include:
- System Administration (Data Courier, supporting Epic Chronicles Database and Maintenance Loads)
- Management of Epic Environments (i.e. Develop and Implement Environment Strategies, Monitor and Troubleshoot system behavior, configure and upgrade system, coordinate and install RA’s and coordination of Epic Downtime Integration Plans)
- Management of Epic Application Tools (i.e. DC Manager, AAC)
- Provide day-to-day Technical support to the Epic IT Application Teams.
- Identify Epic Technical processes that can be improved by new technology
- Supporting the Epic Technical Integration Services Team with automation of Epic Technical activities
- Designing, developing and maintaining automation framework for teams to use across platforms
- Epic Application development and optimization
- Working with Epic Leadership to identify process improvements and areas of opportunities
- Designing high-level structure of new technology solutions, including the emerging technologies that development teams may use. This also includes planning the resources needed to implement the new solution and identifying potential roadblocks.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree Computer Science, MIS, Business, Engineering, or Related Experience;
Work Experience : 5+ Years within I.S. and or Hospital/HealthCare Organizations
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing/Composing - Correspondence, Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: On Call